Why can't I get a license in another state after a Wisconsin OWI?

November 8, 2019

I often receive calls  asking things like "I received an OWI in Wisconsin years many ago, and I have since moved. I can’t get licensed in another state as I am told I am still showing revoked in Wisconsin."  

The first step is to begin by contacting the Wisconsin DMV. Many times is it a simple failure to pay the reinstatement fee to reinstate your Wisconsin operating privilege. Other barriers could be failing to complete the mandatory AODA assessment and/or provide proof of counseling after the assessment. Unfortunately if this is the case, and if an assessment was not completed or the required counseling was not completed, you will have to still complete the AODA requirement even years later.  If you did complete it out of state and Wisconsin does not have it recorded, a qualified OWI attorney can help you resolve this issue.

Follow us on social media:
More to read:
Ignition Interlock Device Companies and Advertising
Ignition Interlock Device
May 4, 2020

Ignition Interlock Device (IID) companies make their money when you are ordered to install an IID. Count on your attorney to let you know when you need an IID, not an advertisement.

Read More
Piel Law Office is available during Covid-19
March 23, 2020

Supreme Court order changes in person court appearances through May 22, 2020. Piel Law Office remains accessible by phone, email, and video means.

Read More